Want to put on a puppet show in no time? This easy bunny puppet craft is made from a simple styrofoam cup and some everyday craft materials. Have your kids hop over to the craft table and make this cuddly craft just in time for Easter. It'll give a boost to her pretend play and ignite her imagination to create all kinds of new stories.
What You Need:
- Styrofoam cup
- White construction paper
- Pipe cleaner
- Googly eyes
- Buttons, lace, sequins
- Craft stick (optional)
What You Do:
- Have your child draw two long bunny ears on white construction paper and cut them out. She can color the middle of the ears pink.
- Now she can flip the cup upside down and glue the ears to the back, slightly curling them over.
- Choose a medium button for the nose and glue on the front of the cup, where you want the face to be.
- Draw a mouth with black marker.
- Cut short pieces of pipe cleaner and glue them next to the nose to make the whiskers. She can also glue two tiny white buttons underneath, for teeth.
- Glue two googly eyes on the bunny's face.
- Now decorate the bunny with pastel colors and shiny objects to jazz it up for Easter!
- Glue a craft stick to the inside of the cup if your child wants a puppet with a handle.
Tania K. Cowling is a former early childhood teacher and author of teacher resource books. Her Together Time crafts have been featured in print magazines and on the Internet.