Valentine's Day may be a day of candy and love, but your kid still has homework to do. Help her stay in the Valentine spirit with this butterfly pencil craft!
What You Need:
- Pink construction paper
- Craft pom pom
- White glue
What You Do:
- Have your child cut out a square -- about five inches inches long on each side -- from the pink construction paper.
- Help her use ap encil to draw two big hearts on the pink construction paper before using scissors to cut them out.
- Let your child place her pencil along one edge of the pink square. Make sure the led tip of the pencil is sticking out at least an inch from the paper's edge (You may have to trim the square if the pencil is shorter than average).
- Help her spread a thin layer of glue over the entire square.
- Have her roll up the paper around the pencil tightly. Hold it firmly together until the glue dries.
- Next let her place a single drop of glue at the bottom point of each heart wing.
- Then help her press each wing to the back of pencil butterfly body.
- Allow time for the glue to dry.
- For the final touch, help her glue the pom pom near the top of the pencil to create the butterfly's head!