Looking for a good activity to boost your child's sewing skills? Show her how to make a button hair band! This two-stage activity builds on early experience with lacing and threading toys. She'll gain confidence as she practices threading an empty needle through button loops. Then, she'll learn how to sew the button on the elastic all by herself. In no time, she'll have a beautiful new hair band to show off her sewing skills.
What You Need:
- 12-15" of natural cotton elastic, 1" wide
- Assorted back-loop coat buttons
- Optional watercolor markers
- Size 16 blunt tapestry needle
- Heavy duty quilting thread
- Tacky glue