Set aside the doilies and the ribbons for a unique Valentine craft full of quirky charm. A button heart is the perfect project for small hands: all your artsy kid has to do is cut out a heart and start gluing on buttons!
What You Need:
- Construction paper
What You Do:
- Have your child fold the construction paper in half.
- Show him how to draw half of a heart shape before letting him draw his own on the folded construction paper. The lines of the heart half should start and end on the fold of the paper.
- Let him use scissors to cut out the heart half. When he unfolds the shape, he should have a full heart.
- With the heart shape laying flat, have him glue on beads and buttons. Encourage him to cover the entire surface. He can even stack the heart for a fun textured look.
- Allow time for the glue to dry.
- What's the buttons are securely on the heart, have your child flip the entire craft over.
- Who does your child want to give his button heart to? Have him use a marker to write a Valentine message to that person.