This candle centerpiece will add a special holiday glow to your dinner table. Before you sit down for a delicious holiday dinner, feast your eyes on this festive candle centerpiece! This easy candle centerpiece craft is made from recycled toilet paper tubes, and takes minutes to create. No need to worry about fire hazards with these candles—they'll keep on shining without a flame all through the winter. Make a candle centerpiece with your child this holiday season.
What You Need:
- 3 toilet paper tubes
- Coffee lid or paper plate
- Construction paper
- Red pom-poms
- Gold paint
- Glitter (optional)
What You Do:
- Have your child cut two toiler paper tubes into shorter lengths, for different candles. Show her show to measure and cut off half an inch on one tube and one inch on the other tube.
- Now she can paint the tubes gold.
- Draw three teardrop shapes on yellow construction paper to make the flames of the candle, and cut them out.
- Do the same with smaller sized teardrops on red paper.
- Glue the small red flames in the middle of the larger yellow flames.
- Glue the candles to the center of the coffee lid, which serves as the base.
- Show your child how to draw and cut out holly leaves from green paper. Scatter and glue them all over the coffee lid, until the lid is completely covered.
- Embellish the leaves with green glitter, if you wish.
- Now your child can either take red pom poms or circles of red paper and glue them to the holly for cllusters of berries.
These candles will brighten up any room!