Candy Cane Holder Activity
This candy cane holder craft helps your little one make a spot for safekeeping sweet treats. This candy cane holder has you covered, and looks like a cute decoration to boot. Kids will exercise their crafting skills while making and decorating this festive craft. Hang it on a tree or from a fireplace—this decorative favor is sure to add cheer to any party! Make a candy cane holder with your child this holiday season.
What You Need:
- Red and white construction paper
- Green and yellow foam sheets
- Double stick tape
- Rhinestones, pompoms, sequins
What You Do:
- Show your child how to make a cone out of the red construction paper. Take a square of paper about seven inches by seven inches and roll it into a cone.
- Staple the cone in place. You may have to cut off some excess paper at the top for a flat opening. You can also use double stick tape to reinforce the cone so it doesn’t unroll.
- Your child can cut thin strips of white paper for the candy cane’s stripes.
- Using double stick tape, tape strips of paper down at the opening of the cone, and wrap them around in a spiral design. At the end of each strip, reinforce it with double stick tape. Cut off any excess.
- Show your child how to draw a evergreen tree on green foam. Make sure to include a tree trunk, about two inches long.
- Cut the tree out and glue it on the top edge of the cone by the trunk.
- Show your child how to draw a star on yellow foam and cut it out. Glue it to the top of the tree.
- Now decorate the tree with sequins, rhinestones and pompoms.
- Fill your candy cone with lots of candies and enjoy with friends!