Take a tasty treat and make a lasting work of art! Whether you love the sweet candy kernels or not, the vibrant colors of candy corn make them perfect for your child and his artistic talents. Just be sure to warn any trick-or-treaters who may happen upon this delightful project -- glue and candy corn are not a yummy mixture.
What You Need:
- Bag of candy corn
- Construction paper
What You Do:
- Have your child use a pencil to draw a Halloween design on the construction paper. Help him out with ideas if he's a bit stumped. His candy corn art can be of a scary monster like a vampire or a zombie -- or he can make a beautiful pumpkin or a friendly ghost.
- Let him dump out his bag of candy corn on the construction paper. Don't use all the candy though! You want to save some to eat, of course.
- Have him start experimenting with plaing the candy corn on his Halloween design. The candy corns can be lined up side by side for a thicker line, tip to tip for an interesting pattern, or tip to bottom to create long lines. Single candy corns also work well to make creepy eyes and pointy teeth.
- Help your child carefully glue the candy corns in place.
- Set the construction paper and candy corns aside to dry.
- On Halloween night, hang up your child's creative masterpiece for all the trick-or-treaters to enjoy!