Candy Corn Pumpkin Activity
This Halloween, encourage your child to try her hand at making a super sweet mosaic! She'll count out and organize candy corn to create a pumpkin shape in this memorable project. Either glue the candy down to create a delightful wall hanging, or simply set it on the table and share the sweetness with friends.
What You Need:
- Construction paper (black, green, brown)
- Lots of candy corn
- Glue (optional)
What You Do:
- Have your child cut out leaves and a stem for her pumpkin and place them in position on the black construction paper.
- Pour the candy out onto the table and have your little learner practice counting. Then, quiz her on her number knowledge by showing her different quantities of candy and challenging her to determine the total number of candies.
- Ask your child to "draw" with the candy. She can start with the outline of a pumpkin shape and then fill it in with the rest of the candy corn. Try to keep the candy corn in one layer, without stacking.
- If she'd like to keep her mosaic pumpkin as a finished work of art, she should glue down each piece of candy, the stem and the leaves.
- However, if she'd rather eat the candy, have her invite some friends over to share her piece of edible pumpkin artwork!