Celebrate Easter, or just about any day, with a candy necklace. Grab your favorite candies and a string of yarn and have your child practice her fine motor skills as she makes a yummy, colorful treat!
What You Do:
- Have your child cut a length of yarn that will make a necklace that easily fits over her head.
- Lay out all of the candies.
- Encourage her to lay out a line of candies in the pattern that she wants to repeat for her necklace.
- Tape a toothpick to one end of the yarn.
- Ask her to thread her row of candy in order onto the yarn until all of them are threaded. For squishy candies, such as Peeps, have her take her time as she slowly punctures and pulls the toothpick and yarn through the candy.
- Finally, when all candies are threaded, tie the yarn at the top into a knot.
Your child is now ready to wear, and eventually eat her decadent candy necklace!