Leprechauns are so sneaky and fun. Your children will squeal with delight when they discover all of the mishaps that come about after a visit from the leprechaun. Oh my, who turned over that chair? Look at that picture. It’s upside down! That baby doll shouldn’t be up on the bookshelf!
What You Do:
(Note: Set up the activity while children are sleeping or away.)
- Sprinkle green glitter on the sidewalk, porch, welcome mat, down hallways and on the kitchen table.
- Turn chairs and pictures upside down and place toys or objects in funny places.
- Bring children in and give them time to notice all the things that are out of place.
- Encourage them to search for the leprechaun to see if they can catch him.
- After they're done searching, ask the children what things they saw out of place and help them make a list.
- Then, using the markers, let the children draw a picture of what they think the leprechaun might look like.