Recycle an old CD and make a colorful, decorative fish! CD fish make bright desk companions, or can be hung to reflect light from any window. Celebrate Earth Day, or any day, with a uniquely designed CD fish.
What You Need:
- Old or scratched CD
- Sharpie marker
- Googly eye
- Construction paper
What You Do:
- Have your child draw scales all over the entire silver side of the recycled CD using a sharpie marker.
- Ask your child to choose where the fish face will be on the CD, and have him glue a googly eye in place.
- Then, have him cut out lips for his fish from the piece of foam. They can be glued on from behind the CD.
- Have him cut out the top and bottom fins from construction paper and glue them in place.
- Now he can cut out the center fin, which should be long and thin on one side so it can be put through the center hole and glued in place from behind.
- He can finish his recycled CD fish by coloring the fins with markers.