Add a sugary kick to your traditional breakfast foods with this gingerbread-shaped cereal snack! Perfect for imaginative kids who like to play with their food, this treat is sure to be a hit.
What You Need:
- 6 cups crisp rice cereal
- 10 ounce bag of marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Gingerbread man cookie cutters
- Non-stick cooking spray
What You Do:
- Help your child use the non-stick cooking spray to coat the plate and the insides of the cookie cutters.
- Have her put the butter in the pot.
- Put the pot on the stove and turn the burner on low.
- Let your child carefully stir the butter as it melts.
- Next have her add the marshmallows to the pot.
- As she continues to stir, show her how to use the spoon to scrape the sides.
- Once the marshmallows have melted, remove the pot from the stove.
- Help her spoon the thick, goopy mixture into the cookie cutters.
- Have your child use her fingers to press the mixture into the cookie cutters. She needs to make sure every bit of the cookie cutter is filled.
- Set aside the cookie shapes to cool. You can even place them in the refrigerator to speed up the process.
- Wrap these extra special treats in colored plastic wrap to share with teachers and other special people in your child’s life.