Looking for a cute and creative gift that won't break the bank? This sweet cardstock bouquet featuring your child's photo is sure to make Mom or Grandma smile on Mother's Day or any day of the year. With plenty of cutting and coloring, this craft is also great for your child's fine motor skills.
What You Do:
- Encourage your child to decorate at least three or four of the card stock flowers with crayons or markers.
- Glue your child's photo in the center of one of the decorated flowers.
- Help her tape green pipe cleaners to the back of each flower to create stems.
- Invite her to decorate the full sheet of cardstock with crayons or markers.
- Roll the cardstock into a funnel shape and secure with clear tape. Make sure the decorations on the cardstock are facing out.
- Place the flowers inside the cardstock funnel to create a fun bouquet.
Use a large flower-shaped cookie cutter as a pattern for creating the flower shapes.
Instead of cardstock use index cards, poster board, or cardboard scraps for the flowers.
Personalize the bouquet by writing the letters of the recipient's name on the flowers.
Adapted with permission from "101 Great Gifts From Kids." Copyright 2002 by Stephanie R. Meuller and Ann E. Wheeler. Used by Permission of Gryphon House, Inc., Maryland. All Rights Reserved.