Zombie Fingers Recipe Activity
This zombie recipe helps you make some healthy fingers to nibble on at your next Halloween party. A seriously creepy, cheesy delight, this zombie fingers recipe is a great way for kids to experiment with turning ordinary food into art sculptures! Protein-packed string cheese makes the perfect material to cut to carve into fingers, and the cream cheese and vegetable toppings add a flavorful crunch. This tasty zombie recipe is enough to satisfy anyone's Halloween cravings!
What You Need:
- String cheese
- Bell Pepper
- Cream cheese
- Small spoon
- Small knife
What You Do:
- Cut the string cheese in half to make the base of the amputated finger.
- Help your child by carving out a small nail bed on the end of one side of the cheese. The nail bed should be the same size as on an adult fingernail. To make it appear more realistic, round the edges of the finger by gently whittling any straight edges.
- Create a knuckle by cutting three lines midway up the “finger.”
- Place a tiny dot of cream cheese on the bed of the nail.
- Cut up the bell pepper into tiny, rounded squares and fit them into the nail beds for a colorful fingernail, and you’re ready to munch!