Chocolate Covered Matzo
This crunchy sweet treat is easy enough for kids to make, with a little parental supervision. Whether your family is addicted to salted caramels or more traditional in your chocolate cravings, this Passover candy can be adapted to fit the bill. Just be sure to ferret some away...it goes fast!
Chocolate-covered matzoh bark keeps for a week in an airtight container and makes a great gift when wrapped up in a pretty box. Plus, it's so easy to make, kids can create a variety of treats by tweaking the recipe with white chocolate instead of semi-sweet, chopped toasted almonds, or whatever else they'd like to throw in to add their own personal touch.
What You Need:
- 4-6 unsalted matzoh boards or sheets
- 1 cup unsalted butter or unsalted Passover margarine, chopped
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed firm
- 3/4 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips (or use white chocolate if you prefer)
- 1 envelope Passover vanilla sugar or 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- A big pinch of sea salt (optional)