Chutes and Ladders... Hanukkah Style!
Hanukkah is a cherished time when families gather together to sing songs, eat big dinners and play games. Why not take a traditional game the kids know and love and add a Hanukkah twist? Get out your favorite dreidel and play Chutes and Ladders.
What You Need:
- Paper and pen (to make a set of directions)
- "Chutes and Ladders" board game
What You Do:
- Assign each letter of the dreidel a numerical value. For instance: Nun = back 2 steps, Gimel = move forward 2 steps, Shin = move forward 3 steps, Hay = move forward 4 steps.
- Write down these new definitions on a piece of paper and display so everyone can see. Feel free to create your own directions using the dreidel as your “dice.”
- Get out the dreidel and spin. Youngest player at the table goes first.