You and your kids don’t have to go out to a restaurant in order to enjoy delicious nachos. They're easy and fun to make any day of the week. Even young children can assist with the shredding of the chicken and sprinkling of the toppings. This colorful recipe includes lots of healthy, fresh ingredients, and of course, yummy melted cheese that the kids can grate by hand!
What You Do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Layer the tortilla chips on a baking sheet and bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
- While those are baking, add the chicken and taco seasoning to a plastic bag and shake to coat well.
- Heat a pan with olive oil and cook the garlic for one minute, until fragrant.
- Stir in the chicken.
- Top the chips with chicken, tomatoes and cheeses and bake for 10 minutes.
- Add the corn, beans, avocado, tomatoes, green onions and olives.
- Top with sour cream and hot sauce or salsa if desired.
- Enjoy right away!
Now these are nachos that you can feel good about serving your whole family! And since it’s so easy and quick to make, it will surely go on rotation in your home.