What You Need:
- 9-inch pie shell
- 4 ounce box of instant vanilla pudding
- 1¼ cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1½ cup milk
- ¾ cup whipped cream
- Mixing bowl
- Large spoon
What You Do:
- Have your child start by preparing the pie shell by preheating the oven to 400 degrees and poking the crust evenly with the fork. Then bake it in the oven for five minutes.
- While the crust is baking, your child can create the filling by mixing the vanilla pudding with milk, according to the directions.
- Add the whipped cream and one cup of shredded coconut to the mixture, and mix well.
- Now help your child remove the pie crust from the oven. Sprinkle ¼ cup of the shredded coconut in the crust and return to the oven for an additional two minutes.
- Take the piecrust back out of the oven and let it cool for a few minutes.
- As soon as the crust has cooled, your child can spoon the filling into the crust pop it in the fridge to set. This will take about an hour.
Did you know that Kwanzaa was conceived and developed by Dr. Maulana Ron Karenga, and was first celebrated on December 26, 1966?