Every day will be a new experience as you explore and learn the colors. This activity is a great way for your child to celebrate the colors as they try different kinds of food and learn about new objects. Has your child ever had key lime pie yogurt? This will be a hit on the day you celebrate green. When it's red day, you could sport your favorite red attire, eat red delicious apples, paint a fire truck, count all the items in the room that are red, and even make a list of your favorite red things.
What You Need:
- Paper (one sheet for each child)
- Food of all colors
- Grocery ads
- Glue stick
What You Do:
- During the week prior to the activity, let children help to create a list of a variety of foods, objects, and songs for each color.
- Have the children search through food ads or magazines to find items that are different colors and cut out several items for each color.
- Have each child divide their paper into different color sections, and label each section with a different color.
- Encourage the children to separate their cutouts by color.
- Have them glue their cutouts in the different color sections.
- During you color fun week, on each color day, serve and discuss the different colored foods and objects the children found.
- Add to the activity by sharing color books, songs, wearing the different colors, and playing games related to each color.
Note: If you're having your color fun in the classroom, children could bring in their favorite items, books, or songs from home to share on each color day.
Washington Virtual Academies
Tuition-free online school for Washington students.