What You Need:
- Paper (one sheet for each child)
- Food of all colors
- Grocery ads
- Glue stick
What You Do:
- During the week prior to the activity, let children help to create a list of a variety of foods, objects, and songs for each color.
- Have the children search through food ads or magazines to find items that are different colors and cut out several items for each color.
- Have each child divide their paper into different color sections, and label each section with a different color.
- Encourage the children to separate their cutouts by color.
- Have them glue their cutouts in the different color sections.
- During you color fun week, on each color day, serve and discuss the different colored foods and objects the children found.
- Add to the activity by sharing color books, songs, wearing the different colors, and playing games related to each color.
Note: If you're having your color fun in the classroom, children could bring in their favorite items, books, or songs from home to share on each color day.