Let’s take a listen to all the colors of the rainbow. From Purple People Eater to Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer to Blueberry Hill, your child will celebrate the colors through music. Help him burn his very own CD with all of his favorite color songs to create a compilation album that is truly one of a kind.
What You Need:
- Computer with an Internet connection
- Computer program for managing music
- Recordable CDs
- CD case
What You Do:
- Ask your child to think up some of his favorite songs that have a color word in them. If he can't think of any songs for a particular color, help him use the Internet to search for some.
- Help him make a list of all the songs and play each of them.
- Ask your child to choose his favorites for the CD.
- Measure and cut out two pieces of paper that are small enough to fit the front and back of the CD case.
- On one of the smaller pieces of paper, have your child write a title of his choice and draw pictures of the songs for the front cover of the CD case.
- Using the other piece of paper, ask your child to neatly write down the names of the songs and artists in the order they will appear on his CD to make the back cover of the CD case.
- Import songs from CDs and/or purchase songs on the Internet.
- Show your child how to make a playlist of the songs and burn them onto a CD. Be sure that the order of the songs in your playlist matches the list you made for the back cover of the CD case.
- There you have it! Crank up the music and dance to your favorite color tunes.