What You Need:
- White paper
- Construction paper (variety of colors)
- Glue stick
What You Do:
- Help your child create the game board by dividing the vertically-placed (portrait style) paper into 4 vertical columns using a pencil. Then create at least ten rows, making sure that he first row is about twice the size of the rest that follow.
- In the first row label the 2nd to 4th columns from left to right: "Color It", "Glue It" and "Write It"
- In the first column (the one farthest to the left), skipping the top row,write out as many colors as there are colors of construction paper in the dividing rows. You can additionally include: Bright, Dark, Favorite, Cool, Warm and any other variations.
- Ask your child to use markers to fill in all the rows of the "Color It" column.
- Then have him cut small swatches of paper for each color and glue them in the corresponding rows of the "Glue It" column.
- Finally, have him rewrite the names of the colors in the rows of the last column.
To create a fun game, laminate the game board before you have your kid start playing and time him to see how fast he can produce all of the correct color matches. Be sure to use dry or wet erase markers and omit the glue for multiple playing sessions!