Complete the Christmas Story
Here is a fun holiday exercise to reinforce your grade-schooler’s understanding of adjectives from adverbs. Early on, it can be confusing to distinguish how the two forms of speech are used. Use the downloadable worksheet below and fill in the blanks or create one of your own after it and ask your child to bring the story to life.
What You Need:
- Pen or pencil
- Copy of this Christmas story
- Thesaurus (optional)
What You Do:
- Print out a copy of the Christmas story.
- Quickly go over some of the basic parts of speech: adjectives, adverbs, verbs, and nouns.
- Have your child tackle this downloadable worksheet by filling in the blanks with various adverbs and adjectives.
- Give your child extra practice by creating your own short story for her to complete. If she needs more help in other areas such as with nouns or verbs, for instance, then help her create her own story that focuses on the parts of speech she has trouble with.