Concoct a Pitcher of Love Punch!
Create a splash at your next Valentine's Day celebration with extra touches like these tasty "love punch" recipes. Your child can show family and friends that she loves them with some fresh, fruity drinks—made from scratch! With just some juice, red fruits, and a little ingenuity, you can surprise any party attendee with a refreshing drink. Here are a few simple recipes to offer your loved one a special love potion this Valentine’s Day.
What You Need:
- Red punch
- Ice cube trays
- Sparkling drink (such as Sprite or 7-Up)
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen berries (raspberries, strawberries, etc.)
- 1-1/2 cups pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup crushed ice
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Red fruits (strawberries, raspberries, cherries)
- Cranberry, apple, or grape juice (or all three)
What You Do:
- For the fizzy Valentine’s punch, help your child freeze some red punch in an ice cube container. When they are completely frozen, have your child remove them from the tray and place in a few glasses. Have her pour some Sprite or 7-Up over the ice cubes, and watch the sweet punch fizz!
- In a blender, have your child place 1-1/2 cups of fresh or frozen strawberries, 1-1/2 cups of pineapple juice, 1/2 cup of orange juice, one banana, 1/2 cup of vanilla yogurt, 1/2 cup of crushed ice, and a teaspoon of honey. Blend until the mixture reaches her desired consistency. Help her pour the smoothies into tall glasses. Kids are sure to love this healthy and festive Valentine's Day fruit smoothie!
- Remarkably, this Valentine’s Day drink is also healthy treat! Slice up some festive red fruit like strawberries or cherries (or even watermelon) and place in a glass. Go ahead and add raspberries or even grapefruit slices if your child wishes. Have her pour her favorite juice—like apple or cranberry or grape—on top of the fruit, and see what happens! Does the fruit float to the top? Does it sink? Put a straw in the concoction and enjoy!