Homemade Sugar Scrub
Moms are special and often don’t take the time to pamper themselves like they should. Your child can easily mix up a really soothing treat for mom – a brown sugar scrub she can use to make her skin glow!
What You Need:
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped rosemary
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup brown sugar
- Lavender oil
- Lemon zest
- Mixing bowl
- Small plastic container with lid
- Tissue paper
What You Do:
- Invite your child to gather the ingredients needed to create the calming foot scrub. She can put the ingredients on a work surface alongside a mixing bowl.
- Now she can measure the ingredients and put them in the mixing bowl, noticing how each ingredient smells and feels. All these things mix together to create something really special!
- While she’s stirring everything together, encourage your child to think of additional ingredients that might make her foot rub special for mom. She can sprinkle a couple of drops of lavender oil, zest a lemon, or squeeze a drizzle of honey into the mix!
- Once the mixture's ready, she can put the foot scrub in a small lidded plastic container, wrap it nicely with a colorful sheet of tissue paper and secure it with a tied piece of ribbon. A gift any mom would love!
Did you know: adding molasses to refined white sugar makes brown sugar. It comes in different varieties, such as dark or light.