What You Need:
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup whole milk
- ½ cup water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Nonstick skillet
- Paper towel
- Fresh whipped cream
- Sliced strawberries
- Powdered sugar
What You Do:
- Invite your child to measure and add the flour, salt, and sugar to the mixing bowl.
- Traditional French crepes include melted butter as one of the ingredients for creating this thin pancake. Your child can melt the butter in the microwave or a small saucepan.
- Now she can add the melted butter, milk, water, and eggs to the flour mixture and stir things together.
- Invite your child to heat a large nonstick skillet coated with 1 teaspoon of oil over medium heat.
- Once things have warmed up, your child can carefully ladle a scoop of the batter onto the hot pan and then let cook for about 1 minute.
- Invite your child to flip her crepe using the spatula, and then cook an additional minute or two on the other side, revealing a nicely browned crepe.
- Encourage your child can place the warm crepe on a paper towel and continue pouring, flipping, and browning her crepes until all her batter is gone.
- Invite your child can create the sweet filling for the crepes by placing a spoonful of whipped cream in the center of the crepe along with some fresh sliced strawberries. Invite her to roll up the crepe and then sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Did You Know:
Crepes can be filled with just about anything, from ice cream to grilled chicken!