What You Need:
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 3 teaspoons smooth peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- Waxed Paper
What You Do:
- Wash your hands and invite your child to do the same. It is important to instill the necessity of hand washing into your little chef early on. Make sure all cooks are wearing aprons with sleeves out of the way, and long hair tied back.
- Have your child measure out the powdered sugar and cocoa and sieve it into a bowl.
- Ask her to measure out the cream cheese into separate bowls, add the peanut butter to this, and to mix well.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar to the cream cheese mixture and get her to mix after each addition.
- Roll mixture into a log with a diameter of approximately 1inch and chill for 10 minutes in the fridge.
- Remove log and cut it into 1/4 inch pieces.
- Have your child place the log on the waxed paper and allow it to dry.
- The candies are ready to be eaten or given as a gift!
Enjoy them quickly! These delectable treats are made with cream cheese, so they are best eaten within a couple of days of making them.
You can press chopped unsalted peanuts on the top of the candy for decoration and additional texture.