When your child is crossing streets in the dark, visibility is key. Once he’s picked out a costume, brainstorm about accessories that could be fashioned from neon posterboard and reflector tape. Knights, pirates and Jedi Masters all need bright yellow swords. Princesses and fairies stand out with pink bangles and headbands. Puppy dogs and ladybugs shine in colorful collars. And everyone from the littlest trick-or-treater to the oldest chaperon can decorate their costumes and treat bags with bright tape and neon paint. This is a fun and practical project for the whole family to do this Halloween.
What You Need:
- Neon yellow, pink or orange posterboard
- Silver reflector tape
- Neon paint and paintbrushes (optional)
- Plastic jewels and glue (optional)
What You Do:
- Simply cut out strips or different shapes and forms of your neon posterboard to go along with whatever your child's costume is this year. You can make a band to go around a witch's hat or a belt to wear with cowboy costume. The sky's the limit!
- Once you and your child have cut out all of the forms to accompany his costume, you can help him decorate his neon accents with the accessories of his choosing. He can paint the different cut-outs or add jewels or glitter glue. Whatever his heart desires!
- Once the neon additions are ready, simply attach them to your child's costume with silver reflector tape. Make sure to make it look like it is a part of the costume!
This Halloween you can make sure your child is safe and seen with these fun and festive reflective costume accents.