Pencil Topper Craft Activity
Get ready for school by personalizing your pencils! This colorful foam pencil topper will brighten up any boring old pencil, giving the important writing utensil a little personality. While creating the creature topper, your little one will learn some basic shapes.
What You Need:
- Craft foam, various colors, cut into 3" x 3" squares
- Glue stick
- Small googly eyes
- Small buttons
- Thin markers
- Craft knife
What You Do:
- Have your child draw a different shape on each piece of foam, one for each topper he's making.
- Have him carefully cut out each shape with a pair of scissors.
- Help him cut two 1/4" horizontal slits on each foam shape.
- Now have him decorate his shapes using buttons and markers. If he wants, he can give his topper the power of sight and glue on some googly eyes.
- Show him how to carefully slide a pencil through the cut slits to add the foam shape onto his pencil.