Turn your leftover cranberry dressing into a sweet, rich bread with this holiday recipe. This healthy breakfast or dessert will get your child in the kitchen for some basic measuring and baking practice, as well as show how fun it can be to experiment with food. Once it fills your house with the delicious smell of bread, you won’t even remember that it was made with leftovers!
What You Do:
- Have your child measure and add the softened butter, sugars, oil, egg and vanilla to the mixing bowl and mix them together well with a whisk.
- Add the baking soda, baking powder, salt and cranberry sauce and mix the batter together.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease the loaf pan by drizzling it with a little vegetable oil and spreading it around with a paper towel.
- Have your child pour the cranberry bread batter into the pan and then put it carefully into the hot oven. Bake for one hour, or until the top is golden brown.
- Let the bread cool for at least 30-minutes before slicing, serving and enjoying.
This bread tastes divine with a drizzle of honey or a scoop of vanilla ice cream!