Orange Punch Recipe
If your child likes Creamsicles, he'll love this punch. It comes together with just a few ingredients, but makes enough for a thirsty crowd. Since this recipe doesn’t require any cooking, even young kids can join in the fun of making a batch. With its bright orange hue, this frosty beverage is perfect for a Halloween party, or summer barbecue. For a fruitier and slushier version, substitute a pint of rainbow sherbet for the vanilla ice cream. Bottoms up!
What You Need:
- 1.5 quarts orange cream sherbet
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1 6-ounce can orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 liter lemon lime soda (ginger ale is fine, too)
What You Do:
- Take the sherbet out of the freezer and let it soften, about 30 minutes.
- In a large punch bowl, combine all four ingredients, adding the soda last. Watch it fizzle and foam!
- Stir well, then pour into a large punch bowl with a ladle for serving.
For a spooky effect, consider using dry ice.
Did You Know?
In the Middle East, the word sherbet, also written sharbat, means “sweet”. Sherbet is often served at the signing of a marriage contract.
**This recipe is peanut free, tree nut free, and vegetarian.