Bake Crisco Cookies!
What kid doesn’t like making cookies? Grab your child and bond over this delicious and fun recipe that's perfect for any time of year. Best of all, this is a great activity to help your kid learn her fractions!
What You Need:
- ½ cup Crisco
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 whole egg
- 1 1/8 cup white all-purpose flour
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 sheet parchment paper
- Measuring cups
- Mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Baking sheet
- Cooling rack
- Hot pad
What You Do:
- Help your child carefully preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Then, using the correct measuring cup, help her measure out the Crisco.
- Then, have her pour the Crisco into the mixing bowl.
- Next, using the correct measuring cup, help her measure out the dark brown sugar.
- Let her add the dark brown sugar to the mixing bowl.
- Using the wooden spoon, she should then carefully mix the Crisco and dark brown sugar until they are well combined.
- Next, have her carefully crack the egg into the mixing bowl.
- Then, still using the wooden spoon, help her carefully mix the egg into the sugar and Crisco mixture.
- Using the correct measuring cup, help her measure out the all-purpose flour.
- Then, she should place the all-purpose flour into the mixing bowl.
- Help her fold the flour into the rest of the ingredients using the wooden spoon.
- With the correct measuring cup, she should then measure out the chocolate chips.
- Then, let her pour the chocolate chips into the cookie batter.
- Next, help her fold the chocolate chips into the batter using the wooden spoon.
- Then, she should place the sheet of parchment paper onto the baking sheet.
- Next, help her form 12 medium-sized cookies onto the parchment paper.
- Take over duties and place the cookie sheet in the oven.
- Bake the cookies for between seven and ten minutes, or until the cookies are lightly browned on the edges and the middles are still soft.
- Still handling duties and using the hot pad, remove the cookies from the oven.
- Using the spatula, help your child very carefully remove the cookies from the baking sheet to the cooling rack.
- Then, help her repeat all the previous steps for the remaining cookie dough as the first batch cools.