Rice Krispie Treats
Chocolate rice krispie treats get a fun spin in our recipe. Is there anything better than receiving a little chocolate kiss? Well, maybe there is! Reinvent the classic candy with chocolate rice crispy treats in this delectable activity. These sticky, sweet treats help your preschooler master basic math concepts, practice writing, all while creating an adorable DIY gift for friends and family. Make chocolate rice krispie treats shaped like chocolate kisses for a special Valentine's Day treat.
What You Need:
- Large mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Measuring cups
- Cooking spray
- Aluminum foil
- ½ stick unsalted butter
- ¾ cup mini marshmallows
- ¾ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 6 cups rice crisp cereal
What You Do:
- Using the appropriate measuring cup, help your child measure out the mini marshmallows.
- Next, let her place the marshmallows inside of the mixing bowl.
- Then, using the correct measuring cup, help her measure out the semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Again, help her pour the chocolate chips into the mixing bowl.
- Then, your child should place the unsalted butter in the mixing bowl, along with the other ingredients.
- Help your child place the mixing bowl in the microwave.
- Set the microwave to two to three minutes.
- Every thirty seconds, you should stop and give the ingredients a chance to congeal.
- Then, using the wooden spoon, have your child stir the ingredients.
- Repeat until the ingredients are completely melted.
- Help your child carefully remove the bowl from the microwave.
- Then, using the appropriate measuring cup, help your child measure out the correct amount of rice crisp cereal.
- Your child should then pour the crisp rice cereal into the mixing bowl, alongside the melted chocolate/marshmallow mixture.
- Using the wooden spoon, you child should then quickly mix the ingredients of the mixing bowl until they're well combined.
- Next, help her measure out a sheet of aluminum foil the length of the baking sheet.
- Then, let her carefully tear the sheet out of the box.
- She should then place the sheet of foil on top of the baking sheet.
- Then, help her spray the aluminum foil with the cooking spray.
- Next, help her carefully pour the contents of the mixing bowl onto the aluminum foil.
- Then, making sure that the crisp rice cereal is cool enough to handle, help your child form the crisp rice cereal into the shape of a giant Hershey's Kiss.
- She should then wrap the rest of the aluminum foil up and around the giant Kiss.
- Finally, have her place the baking sheet inside of the fridge.
- Chill the kiss for an hour, allowing it to firm up completely.