Curried Chicken Salad
Turn ordinary chicken salad into something extra-ordinary with one simple ingredient—a dash of curry! This scrumptious recipe is loaded with healthy ingredients including grapes, celery, almonds, and chicken breast. Enjoy it as a salad with butter lettuce or spread it on your favorite sliced bread for a delicious, non-boring sandwich. Kids love it, too—pack it your child's school lunch and say goodbye to PB & J!
What You Need:
- ¼ cup mayo
- ¼ cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 chicken breast halves, cooked and chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- ¼ cup peanut-free slivered almonds
- 2 green onions, chopped
- ½ cup red grapes, halved
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 head butter lettuce, torn into pieces
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh lemon juice to taste
What You Do:
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together the mayo, yogurt, and curry powder.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, celery, green onion, grapes, almonds, and cilantro.
- Have your child carefully fold in the mayo mixture with the chicken.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the butter lettuce with olive oil and lemon juice to taste.
- Spoon the chicken salad over a bed of lettuce and enjoy!