New Year's Eve Invitations
What better way to bring in the New Year than have your child invite her closest friends over with fireworks inspired cut paper invitations? Her professional looking finished product will be the first step to an exciting get-together with friends!
What You Need:
- Colored paper (black for the night sky and other colors for fireworks)
- Scissors or an Exacto knife (with adult supervision)
- White glue
What You Do:
- The black sheets of paper are the base of the invitation, so one side will be the design and the other side will be a place to write the invitation. Make sure your child trims the black sheets to the size she desires.
- Now she can cut out thin crescents from the colored paper that will become the fireworks design. The crescents should be as thin as possible and vary in length. Make sure you use several different colors for your fireworks.
- She can arrange the fireworks on the black paper in a weeping willow design so that they take the shape of real fireworks. Carefully glue them down and let dry.
- On back side of the invitation, she should glue a square of colored paper or white paper that is large enough to write the invitation on. She can use the markers to write “To:, From:, What:, When:, and Where:.”
An alternative to creating this design is to use the Exacto knife to cut out slits from the black paper and then glue colored paper to the back side of the invitation so that the colors “show through” to make fireworks on the front of the invitation.