This snowman's not abominable, he's adorable! Your child can bring her very own snowman to life while practicing how to create texture.
What You Need:
- Construction paper
- White tissue (cut into 1" squares)
- Shallow container or paper plate
- Small poms (optional for the snowman's hat)
What You Do:
- Help your child cut out a rectangle from a sheet of white construction paper to create the snowman's body.
- Ask her to draw and cut out a hat for the snowman's head. She can decorate it with ribbon and mistletoe, and then glue it in place at the top of the white rectangle.
- Pour some glue out into the container.
- Show her how to wrap a square of tissue around the end of a pencil, dip it in the glue and press it onto the surface of the snowman's body to begin creating texture.
- Encourage her to repeat the the process until she creates an interesting texture all over the snowman's body.
- Cut a piece of ribbon that is the width of the snowman and ask her to glue it in place as a scarf to keep her snowman warm.
- Have her cut out and glue small circles from the black construction paper to create the snowman's eyes, mouth and buttons.
- Ask her to cut out and glue in place a long triangle to complete the snowman's face with a carrot nose!