Decide to play this game, and you won't regret it! You can practice addition, subtraction or multiplication using just a deck of cards. Decision Maker combines mathematical skill with an element of chance to keep players on their toes. Draw two cards at a time and find the sum, difference or product of the numbers. If you're correct, you'll earn points. But watch out for the face cards! If you draw one, your score will be erased!
What You Need:
- Deck of playing cards
- Pencil for keeping score
- Decision Maker score sheets (Print these out.)
What You Do:
- Decide whether you will be using addition, subtraction or multiplication.
- Shuffle the deck and place it in the center of the table. In this game, ace = 1.
- On your turn, draw two cards. Compute the sum, difference or product of those cards (as chosen in step 1). If you are correct, you earn a point and may draw again. If your answer is incorrect, or you draw a face card, you lose any points for that round and your turn ends. If you draw two face cards, your total game score reverts to zero!
- The first player to 10 points wins.