Looking for a fun way for your child to practice the basics of math? Look no further than this fun card game that utilizes addition, subtraction and multiplication. Each round, players will draw two cards and find the sum, difference or product of their numbers. If they answer correctly, they’ll earn points. But, if they draw a face card, their score drops to zero!
What You Need:
- Deck of cards
- Scratch paper
What You Do:
- Ask players to choose what type of math they would like to use for the first round. They can pick between addition, subtraction or multiplication.
- Have one player shuffle the deck and place it face down in the middle of the table.
- Announce that aces = 1.
- Have each player choose two cards.
- Then, challenge him to figure out the sum, difference or product of the two cards he picked.
- A correct answer will earn him one point and the right to draw two new cards. However, if he answers incorrectly or draws a face card, he doesn’t get any points for the round.
- If a player draws two face cards in a row, his score will automatically drop to zero.
- The first player to reach 10 points is the winner!