What You Need:
- Bicycle with a plastic, wicker, or wire basket attached, or buy such a basket at a bicycle shop
- Plastic or fabric flowers
- Plastic fruit or other small (waterproof) plastic decor items
- Foam stickers, buttons, beads
- Pipe cleaners
- Embroidery thread or yarn
- Safety pins
What You Do:
- Help your child attach plastic or fabric flowers to the basket by tying them on with embroidery thread or yarn, or use safety pins to attach the back of the items to the basket. You can use scissors to poke a hole in the back of plastic or fabric flowers if needed for pulling yarn or thread through the back.
- She can attach foam stickers (peeling off backs of stickers) to the basket. However, don’t use only foam stickers, as they aren't as durable as the other items.
- Help her attach buttons, beads, or other plastic decor items also using thread, yarn, or safety pins.
- She may wish to wrap brightly colored pipe cleaners through the basket’s holes and twist the pipe cleaners into pretty shapes on the outside of the basket as further decoration.
- Pretty ribbon can be woven in and out of the basket along edges if desired. Tie the ribbon’s end knots inside the bicycle basket so that they don’t show on the outside of the basket.
Take a photo of your finished bicycle basket creation! She will want to proudly ride her bike through the neighborhood to show off the new “bling”!