Your child will become a multiplication genius with this exciting card game! Players strategize to earn points as they place playing cards on their handmade game board.
What You Need:
- Deck of playing cards, face cards removed
- 4 sheets of paper
- Scratch paper
- Black marker
- 2 Players, or 2 teams
What You Do:
- Have your child and her friends create a game board. Tape the 4 sheets of paper together on the back and create a 4 x 4 grid.
- Announce that aces = 1.
- Ask one of the players to remove all of the face cards from the deck. Then divide the cards they removed into red and black cards. Each player gets either the red or black suits of those cards.
- Players each take a turn placing any one of their cards into one of the spaces on the game board.
- Whoever creates a line of 4 cards in a row in any direction (including diagonally), thus creating a product of 24, wins one point. An example of 24: The cards are 4 x 6 x 1 x 1 = 24.
- The player who reaches 10 points first wins!