Improve your child's addition speed and accuracy with this strategic card game. Battle to take control of the game board using addition facts to find out where cards are placed. Whoever reaches 10 points first wins!
What You Need:
- Deck of playing cards, face cards removed
- 4 sheets of paper
- Scratch paper
What You Do:
- Ask your child and her friends to create the game board. Tape together 4 sheets of paper. Use the marker to draw a 2 x 2 grid on each piece of paper. You should now have a 4 x 4 grid to play on.
- Announce that aces = 1.
- Ask one of the players to take out and set aside all of the face cards. Then they can divide the cards they removed into red and black cards. Each player gets either the red or black suits of the separated cards.
- Players each take a turn setting any one of their cards into one of the spaces on the game board.
- Players who create a line of 4 cards in a row in any direction (including diagonally), that adds up to either 10 or 20, wins one point. An example of cards adding up to 10 would be if the cards in a row were 2 + 3 + 2 + 3 = 10.
- Continue playing until a player wins the game by earning 10 points.