Help your tween un-clutter her desk by hanging an organizer on the wall. Raid the hall closet for two pairs of rag bag jeans and a piece of foam board, and you are ready to go. No sewing experience necessary!
What You Do:
- Cut a rectangular piece of foam core that is just the right size to slip into a blue jeans leg.
- Cut a leg off one pair of jeans.
- Slip the foam core into the leg of the jeans. Staple the jeans leg closed beneath the foam core. Fold top closed. Staple.
- Cut a long strip of denim from the other leg of the jeans. It is easiest to cut a straight strip alongside a seam. Staple to top of organizer as your hanging strap.
- Use the pinking shears to cut the back pockets out of one or two pairs of jeans.
- Now lay the foam core on a protected surface, such as a work bench or several towels spread on the floor. Position the pockets on the foam core. Glue them into place. Reinforce by stapling them into place as well.
- Flip the organizer over. Do the staples stick through the foam core? Use a coin to bend the ends of the staples in.
- Let the glue dry overnight.
Now your organizer is ready to be filled with things and hung on the wall beside your desk!