Airplane Party Favors
Every 37 seconds an airplane takes off or lands at O'Hare International Airport in Chicago. That's nearly 100 every hour! In this activity, you can create a few airplanes of your own to give away at a party or family gathering. Though simple in design, these clever planes are sure to be a hit with young and old partygoers alike.
What You Need:
- 5 sticks of flat gum still in their wrappers
- 2 Lifesaver candies
- Rubber band
- Stickers and other decorations (optional)
What You Do:
- Have your child stack four sticks of gum on top of each other, wrapper seams down.
- Have him thread the rubber band through the Lifesaver candies.
- Carefully place the stack of gum on top of the rubber band between the lifesavers.
- Ask your child to balance the last stick of gum on the Lifesavers to make the airplane's wings.
- Holding the gum and Lifesavers in place, pull the rubber band ends up onto the plane's wings to secure them in place.
- Customize your place with stickers and other decorations to give it its own unique look!
Make more planes to give away as party favors at your child's next birthday party.