Dinner for Dessert!
What better dessert to serve on April Fool’s Day than cookie fish sticks? Make this meal that will satisfy any prankster this year for an unforgettable reaction. Of course, if your kids don’t like fish sticks, they’ll be pleasantly surprised by this tasty trick.
What You Need:
- Smooth peanut butter
- 2 sugar wafer cookies
- Strawberry jam
- Green taffy
- Cornflakes or Cheerios
- Plastic lunch bag
What You Do:
- Crush the Cornflakes or Cheerios in a plastic lunch bag, using the blunt end of a knife or a mug to smash cereal into tiny crumbs.
- Coat the wafer cookies with peanut butter.
- Sprinkle the crumbled cereal on top of the wafers, coating them with “breading”.
- Set the “fish sticks” on a clean dinner plate.
- Unwrap the taffy and cut them into small pieces. Roll them into small pea-sized balls using your fingers. Pile them on the plate beside the fish sticks.
- Scoop a generous teaspoon of strawberry jam onto the plate for the “ketchup”.
Now sit back and watch your friends dig in!