Grab some dice and play this take on tic-tac-toe. This game is incredibly easy to set up and is a great way to bond with your child while you build up her number recognition skills.
What You Need:
- 9 sheets white paper
- 1 marker
- 1 pair of dice
- 1 friend
What You Do:
- Using the marker, help your child draw a standard nine square tic-tac-toe grid on each sheet of white paper.
- Then, still using the marker, help her write a random number from 2 to 12 on each of the nine squares in each tic-tac-toe grid. When she’s finished, she should have 81 numbers written down.
- Help her arrange the papers in a three-by-three square.
- To play, decide who's up first.
- Have the first player up roll the pair of dice.
- Using the marker, she should then draw either an X or an O inside of a grid that has the number she rolled.
- The goal of the game is to gain the majority of a grid (five spaces). If a child gets the majority of a grid, she gets to flip that piece of paper over and draw either an X or an O on the back.
- The child that gets three flipped over sheets in a row wins.