Addition Board Game
Practice counting, addition, or subtraction in this math game! Print out a game board and get started. You and your child will take turns drawing cards from a deck to discover how many places to move. Try counting out loud with your child to help reinforce concepts. With several twists and turns to keep the game exciting, this activity makes math fun. Once you’ve mastered the basics, try the variations for a new challenge!
- Addition and subtraction (see Variations)
What You Need:
- One deck of cards (Print a deck.)
- One Do Drop In game board (Print this out.)
- One place marker for each player (e.g. coin, bean)
What You Do:
- Players put their place markers in the space marked “Start” on the game board.
- Shuffle the deck of cards and place it face down next to the game board.
- Players take turns drawing a card and moving their marker clockwise the corresponding number of spaces. If a player lands on a marked space, they get to jump to the next inner circle. If a player lands on the same space as another player, they get to send the other player back to start.
- The first player to reach the center circle wins.
- For basic facts practice, ask players to draw two cards then move the sum or difference of those cards.
- To add a challenge, ask players to travel to the inner circle then back to Start.
- Travel counter clockwise.
- Change the rules so the object of the game is to avoid the inner circle. Rename the game Elimination.