Valentine's Day plus an adorable puppy? It's a pretty irresistible combination. Help your child create a card that brings these two sweet things together. Who will she want to give her Valentine card to?
What You Need:
- Brown construction paper
- Black construction paper
- White construction paper
- Red construction paper
- White cardstock
- Red felt
- Red marker
What You Do:
- Have your child use scissors to cut an oval out of the brown construction paper.
- Let her cut two eye shapes from the white construction paper.
- Help her cut two ear shapes and two small circles (the pupils) from the black construction paper.
- She's almost done cutting! Have her cut two small circles, two small hearts and one square from the red construction paper.
- The last cutting task she needs to do is cut one large heart out of the red felt. That's it -- no more cutting.
- Now it's time to assemble her dog Valentine. Have her glue the two white eye shapes onto the brown oval.
- Then have her glue one small red heart onto each white eye shape.
- Let her glue a black circle on top of each small red heart.
- Help her glue the large red heart onto the brown oval.
- This step is all you! Carefully use a box cutter to make a curved mouth shape in the oval.
- Have your child glue on the black ears.
- Help her write “Happy Valentine's Day” on the red square.
- Glue the red square onto the dog's mouth with his mouth flaps loose over the top of the square.
- Help your child fold a white cardstock into a card shape.
- For the final touch, glue the dog onto the front of the card.
- Let your child write her own special message on the inside of the Valentine's Day card!