What You Need:
- Sugar cookie dough, chilled (use your favorite recipe or a prepared dough from the supermarket)
- Table knife
- Baking sheet
- 1 can white frosting
- 1 tube black decorator’s icing (available in supermarket baking section)
What You Do:
- Roll out the chilled cookie dough to 1/4" thickness.
- Have your child cut the dough with the table knife into domino-sized rectangles, approximately 1¼" x 2¼" each.
- Transfer the cookie tiles to the baking sheet with a spatula.
- Bake the cookies according to the recipe or package directions until golden at the edges, approximately 10 minutes.
- While the cookies are still warm, have your child carefully cut off the edges of each one with a knife to create a sharper rectangle shape.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely.
- Help your child spread a smooth, thin layer of white frosting on top of each cookie. Place the cookies in a single layer on a flat plate or baking sheet.
- Refrigerate the frosted cookies for 30-45 minutes to allow the frosting to set.
- Have your child draw a line across the middle of each cookie with the black decorator's icing and add dots on either side in domino patterns.
While you munch on the cookies, lay out a set of real dominoes and learn to play some of the simpler games together!