Let your child's true colors shine through the doorway of her room with this floss curtain! This interior craft project makes it fun to walk through the door every morning, and only takes a few household materials to make. Your child can learn about color coordination and patterns while she takes on this colorful project that will make her doorway unique and bold.
What You Need:
- 28-48" tension rod
- Embroidery floss or yarn
What You Do:
- Have your child choose her favorite colors and organize them in whatever pattern she wants to see.
- Have her measure the height of her doorway, and cut the floss to a length she would like. She may choose a curtain for the top of her door, or one that runs all the way down to the floor. Once she decides the length, double it. This will be the length she needs to cut the floss.
- Fold each piece of floss in half and place the looped end over the top of the rod.
- Thread the two loose ends of the floss through the loop to make a looped knot. This will be easy to remove in case your child wants to make changes later.
- Repeat Steps 3 to 4 the curtain is filled with string. The curtain can be light and whimsical or a full sheet of floss all the way across.
Washington Virtual Academies
Tuition-free online school for Washington students.