Draw Radiating Red Hearts!
Your child can learn more about creating parallel lines with this beaming Valentine’s Day art activity. She’ll use her concentration skills as well as create fun heart artwork she can share with a loved one!
What You Need:
- White construction paper
- Red marker
What You Do:
- Invite your child to draw a heart in the center of her paper and carefully color it in, staying within the lines, which encourages her fine motor skills!
- Discuss with her what a parallel line is. Creating something parallel means making a line without intersecting a relative line.
- Invite your child to create a parallel line around the heart so that it doesn't touch the line of her original heart. She'll be making heart outlines that get bigger and bigger!
- Now your child can continue making parallel lines around her heart. Encourage her to continue working until she has filled her entire paper!
- Her finished creation will look like a radiating heart that fills up the whole page.
Invite your child to share her finished creation with someone special for Valentine’s Day or hang it up as decoration!