Walt Disney got it right when he had Cinderella say, "A dream is a wish your heart makes." Encourage your child to dream with this project that's inspired partly by Cinderella, but mostly by Martin Luther King, Jr and his dream for equality and peace. What's your child dream?
What You Need:
- Construction paper
- Crayons or colored pencils
What You Do:
- Have your child select a sheet of blue construction paper to be his sky.
- What is this sky missing? Clouds! Using other colors of construction paper, help him cut out cloud shapes.
- Let him glue each cloud to his blue sky background.
- Time to brainstorm: what does your child want? What are his dreams for the future?
- Using the crayons or colored pencils, have him write his dreams on the clouds—one dream per cloud.
Now he has a sky full of dreams. Help him put this craft in a place he can see it regularly, so he can be constantly reminded of what he wants from his future.