Walt Disney got it right when he had Cinderella say, "A dream is a wish your heart makes." Encourage your child to dream with this project that takes inspiration from Cinderella -- but mostly Martin Luther King, Jr and his dream for equality and peace. What will your child dream of?
What You Need:
- Construction paper
- Crayons or colored pencils
What You Do:
- Have your child select a sheet of blue construction paper to be his sky.
- What is this sky missing? Clouds! Using other colors of construction paper, help him cut out cloud shapes.
- Let him glue each cloud to his blue sky background.
- Time to brainstorm: what does your child want? What are his dreams for the future?
- Using the crayons or colored pencils, have him write his dreams on the clouds -- one dream per cloud.
Now he has a sky full of dreams. Help him put this craft in a place he can see it regularly, so he can be constantly reminded of what he wants from his future.