Homemade Earring Holder
Helping your fashionista organize her increasing number of belongings, especially the wild number of accessories, is tough. Encourage her to transform an embroidery hoop and a piece of counted cross stitch cloth into an earring organizer that she can hang on her wall.
What You Need:
- Embroidery hoop
- Counted cross-stitch cloth
- Embroidery floss
What You Do:
- Help your kid cut a square piece of counted cross-stitch cloth that is approximately 4 inches wider than the embroidery hoop. You don’t need a ruler because this doesn’t have to be exact. You just want to make sure that you have enough cloth to extend slightly beyond the hoop.
- Stretch the cloth in the embroidery hoop. Tighten the screw and stretching the fabric until the cloth is taut.
- Now is the time to get creative. Stitch a decorative border, initials, hearts, or flowers. The design can be symmetric like the one shown in the photo or asymmetric. Anything goes!
- Once the embroidery is done and the tail tucked back into the stitching, the organizer is ready to use. Hang it on a nail. Then use it to hang wire earrings, slipping the wires through the holes woven into the fabric.
Optional: Counted cross-stitch fabric can also be stapled into an old picture frame with an easel back if there is space to place the organizer on a dresser, dressing table, or night stand.
Washington Virtual Academies
Tuition-free online school for Washington students.